Wednesday, July 02, 2008

THE CHILDREN OF HÚRIN


The Children of Húrin, which is written by the legendary J.R.R Tolkien, is a wonderful adventure book which includes betrayal, romance, war, tragedy and lost love. It is about a family broken up and rejoicing at the end, but ends very sadly. It is one of the best books I have ever read and I enjoyed reading it as I like the genre which it is placed in, fantasy.
The book has an excellent storyline to it and can really take your concentration from everything else and bring it to the text from the book and keep it there; you wouldn’t want to put the book down. The book was written by J.R.R Tolkien during World War II while he was in the trenches of his army, but published later on. I would recommend this book to anyone and I would be certain I would get a good result back from the reader.

By Richard T. of Year 8