Monday, August 20, 2007

Catcher in the Rye


By J.D Salinger
Reviewed by John C . of Year 10


At first when I started reading it I started to think to myself “what another boring book to read.” I didn’t want to read it but in the end I had to.

When I was reading through briefly (turning to any page and reading) I started to like it. So I went to the first page and read.

The first chapter I can see myself as Holden when he was failing his subjects because this year I was failing some of my subjects and all I could do was confront them teachers.

The funny part in this book is when Maurice the elevator operator punched Holden and when Sunny the prostitute stole his 5 dollars.

The part I felt that touched me and almost made me cry was when Holden was watching his sister, Phoebe, riding on the carousal in the rain.

I didn’t really like how Holden gets jealous of Stradlater taking out Jane, who is Holden’s Ex on a date and when they came back, Holden asking all these questions to Stradlater then picking a fight with him.

I would recommend this book to yr 11-adults because they would understand this book more than anyone because they may or may not have been in the situation where Holden is in.

The best place to read this book is in a library or a place where you can think about the book.

I would give this book 3 stars out of 5 because the book caught my attention at the start, reminding me as Holden.

No comments: