Thursday, April 27, 2006

Book Bites Begins

I am afraid I have not been very imaginative about the name of this blog. Do you have a better idea? I'd love to hear it.

My first thought was to call it "Outside of a dog" as in the Groucho Marx quote "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." But I was too late for that one, believe it or not. (See: Outside of a Dog: Kate Nepveu's Book Log Kate is a professional book logger. See her interesting heading Sequential Art for graphic novel/comic reviews.)

"Book Bites" is my not very original attempt to associate reading with food - well, I am trying to appeal to boys. "Book Feast" might be better? "Book Barbeque" sounds a bit close to "Book Burning". Anyway, let me know if you have an idea.

Happy reading!



1 comment:

Kelly Gardiner said...

This is a great idea - congratulations - and I like the name. "Bites" isn't quite as intimidating as "Feast".
It's especially wonderful to read young readers' own reviews of books they have loved - or hated.
Good luck with it!
Kelly
www.swashbuckler.co.nz